Here’s the behind the scenes videos that weren’t aired on StarStruck. Notice that my favorites are all lined up on the right side of the screen. Nice. Go Marky! Go Bugz! Go Gian! Go Vivo!
Ay nakalimutan ko pala i-mention: May earring na sina Gian at Bugz. Ano ba ‘yan? You know guys, if you want to appear more macho, don’t get an earring — get a tattoo and wear boxers. Earrings on guys are so 80′s. Seriously.
The harness was used yet again, and this time, not one, but two bodies were floating above the stage while Regine Velasquez sang her opening number. The bubbles were a nice touch, but like all production numbers on Pinoy Pop Superstar these days, it was just overkill. Okay lang sana if the singing was passable, but the slide of Regine’s singing prowess continues. I was going to write that I liked Regine’s dress here, but then I noticed that the fabric curved in one direction only so NO. Read More…
Ooops. I did not realize na may nag-aaba pala sa StarStruck Finale videos. All I have are the dance numbers which I will upload tonight. All these videos you are talking about such as the Kotex, Avengers loveteam chu-chu, Avengers reunion, etc. were NEVER AIRED here in the U.S. Waaah. Sino-sino ba ang mga Avengers loveteams?
Buti na lang delayed dito ang telecast. I’m sure napaka-tagal siguro nito kung live. To be honest, I’m drained, but I have some commentary:
1. Talo ng Batch 3 ang Batch 2. Let’s be honest, Batch 2 is not built for longevity, and that other guy, CJ doesn’t look like he’d even make it to the Final 14 of Batch 3. Based on the comments on this blog, and what I’ve seen on TV so far since I got GMA Pinoy TV, Batch 2 was a failure. Batch 3 on the other had has so many unique “looks”, I believe they have a longer staying power as a group and not just the Final Four. I worry a little bit for Johan and Jeric, and the girls in general (since really, there are so many pretty girls walking around the GMA and ABS-CBN complexes these days, mas mahirap maging unique), but certainly, Iwa Moto, Chuck, Vivo and the “promdi” boys have a few more months of StarStruck momentum to work on. It would be wise for the boys to go straight for the comedy roles/guestings since masayahin naman sila, and for Arci and Rea to do drama immediately. I’ll think of some more later, but I’m sure alam na the GMA kung ano ang gagawin sa kanila since everyone was given a GMA contract.
2. The the rise and fall and rise of Iwa Moto. Honestly, I was touched by Iwa’s mother. But it was simply too late since the damage had been done by Iwa herself and there was no undoing it since it happened too late into the show. Puwede pa sanang ma-save if there was enough time, perhaps a dramatic sorry, etc., but it was clearly a case of digging your own grave and GMA can only do so much to help. When GMA aired the unedited footage of Iwa, I sensed that they had thrown the towel. Saka ang pangit talaga ng storyline if Iwa had won and then she can brag about the fact that “maganda at magaling siya sa kanilang lahat” — it would have destroyed the StarStruck franchise instantly — since wala naman talagang msamang ginawa sina Jana, Jackie and Gian to deserve the kind of wrath Iwa spewed on TV. In fairness, now that Iwa is not the winner, I kinda like her now. Haha. Sana lang this serves as a humbling experience for her that she can move on from. More power to you Iwa — you certainly lived up to your billing as the ultimate bitch of StarStruck. Arci was less than half the bitch you turned out to be. But good luck. Your fans love you dearly. Pero kami nina Marky, Vivo, Bugz at Gian, takot kami sa ‘yo! Ngiii.
3. Ang galing talaga ni Marky. He will be forever remembered as the boy who lost his shoe but continued dancing. Pinoy na pinoy ang itsura ni Marky. I’m very happy at the final result.
4. Ang galing talaga ni Rainier. Vote for Rainier Castillo for Sole Survivor! Haha. Seeing all these guys together, you can see that the blueprint for StarStruck success is really Rainier and Mark Herras. Which is why Vivo had to go early — they wanted to go with a different combination and not repeat Batch 1. I think it worked. They were able to spread things that worked in the past throughout the Avengers and not just the Final Four, so in effect mas memorable nga sila as a batch (at least sa boys).
5. GMA should wait one year before staging StarStruck 4. Let this batch play out, mukhang hindi naman sila complete failure. If you stage StarStruck once a year, you add value to the stakes so it becomes a really big thing. If they plan to have it like Survivor with multiple seasons during the year, then they better have really great winners in the mold of Rainier and Mark every time. And the losers should really be losers and not given contracts because GMA will just accumulate excess baggage.
O ayan, I’m so tired. My mind is not working anymore. I may change my mind tomorrow…